Monday, May 7, 2012

Hibernaculum install at Future Tenant

I'm in the process of installing hibernaculum, my piece comprised of many many little paper bats, at Future Tenant in downtown Pittsburgh.

 A picture of the individual disassembled "tiles" of bats:

Install help from the ever-handy Dave:

Getting tiles up on the wall. We built a plywood wall in the bay window to make a space large enough for one or two people to walk into and view the installation:

And a shot from the street:

I've got a bit more filling in and edge cleaning-up to do before I'm finished, but if you're downtown you can already check it out! The installation will be up for the whole month of May at Future Tenant, located at 819 Penn Avenue. Check their website for events - and note that because there are no exhibitions in May, the gallery will probably not be holding normal hours. But I may be there for a few afternoons, so I'll post dates and times here.

No comments:

Post a Comment