Thursday, January 29, 2015

New year, new art

We're not yet through the first month of 2015 and I've already had some exciting new projects come up! Here's a recap of where you can see my work in the coming months.

Kinglets at Manifest Gallery, Cincinnati, OH



My new engraving, Kinglets, is part of the Scientificous exhibition at Manifest Gallery in Cincinnati. Scientificous features the art of science and science in art, and will be on display until February 20. It's my first show in Ohio and I'm very excited to be a part of it.

February's artist for Start With Art: PGH



Pittsburgh photographer Matt Conboy has launched a new and wonderful initiative this year, Start With Art: PGH. Every baby born at St. Clair Hospital, the Midwife Center, and UPMC Mercy in 2015 will go home with an original work of art. During the month of February, babies will receive my photograph of this sassy little blue-breasted kingfisher, who I photographed in 2013 at the Cincinnati Zoo. Read more about the project in this article from NEXTPittsburgh.

My first solo exhibition



In March, I'll be exhibiting at the Courthouse Gallery in beautiful Lake George, NY. This is my first solo show, and will feature new prints, as well as the body of work I created in 2014 about fatal bird-window collisions. The opening is on Saturday, March 7th, and the exhibition runs until April 10th.

Online developments


I've transitioned into using this blog as a space to show people what's behind my work, so most of my announcements about exhibitions and events are now on my website and in my monthly e-mail newsletter, which you can sign up for here. Stay up to date with all that's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment